Upcoming Events

Join us for Election Night, Click Here for Party Details
When: Nov 4th, 5pm until ???
Who: Co-Wap, family & friends
Where: Boulder Theater, 2032 14th Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Cost: $10 per person

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sarah Palin is a valuable lesson to our children!

When Sarah Palin came to Denver I decided to join the group of mothers protesting at her event. I couldn't decide if I should take my 4 year-old daughter with me. But after overhearing her father and I talk about Palin’s lies my little girl asked me “Mama, why did Sarah Palin tell a lie?”
My immediate response was to say something like “Because she is bad” but then I felt like this was not a good enough answer. The truth is I think Sarah truly believes what she is doing is good, however is misguided and she and John McCain have lost their way.

So how do I explain to my child why Sarah and John are telling lies? I decided to get out my bible and see what the scriptures say about lying and I came across a passage in Genesis that was exactly what I was looking for.

In the story of Genesis, Abraham had a wife named Sarah. God asks Sarah a question, and out of fear she answers with a lie (Genesis 18:15 “Sarah was afraid, so she lied…”). Sarah lies to God because she is afraid God find out the truth. Fear is the most common reason for lying because we are afraid that our wrongdoings will be discovered.

I told this story to my daughter and went on to explain it is never good to tell a lie because lying can cause greater problems than telling the truth and lying can also hurt people. So when Sarah Palin and John McCain tell lies this only hurts people and this is wrong.

I decided then that I should take her to the protest. So that my child would learn a valuable lesson …WE SHOULD ALWAYS FIGHT FOR THE TRUTH BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO…Hopefully she will remember this day when she grows up.

1 comment:

fish said...

ok, i have to add to this, and ask you moms: heard Palin speaking live today in Iowa, she brought up her baby with Down syndrome and mentioned he was born four months ago. Um, hey, mom Sarah, he's actually FIVE months old today... that just seemed weird to me that she didn't even have that right...